TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Linux Systems Engineer to join our team.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work.
- Perform Linux Systems Engineering for a hybrid Cloud and on-prem environment
- Upgrade RHEL environments and develop automation scripts utilizing Bash and Python
- Analyze Security protocols and review Linux vulnerabilities as well as provide support to security hardening
- Perform analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of systems for information applications by applying software, hardware, and standard information technology skills
- Evaluate and recommend applications and methodologies that can be used or adapted to provide IT solutions
- A minimum of two (2) years of Linux Systems experience
- Expertise in Red Hat Linux system administration and infrastructure support
- Experience performing upgrades and working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- Experience with developing automation scripts with Bash and Python.
- Experience troubleshooting complex network/connection issues.
- Experience with Security protocols and reviewing Linux Vulnerabilities.
- Support security hardening and configuration activities.
- Working knowledge with Jira;
- Experience migrating RHEL and AWS;
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Experience in AWS and/or Azure
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Nutanix AHV)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software, experience with Puppet preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for the not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2021 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the sixth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the seventh straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.