TCG, Inc. is an award-winning, government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Linux Systems Administrator/ DevOps Developer to join our team at a major Federal agency.
This position requires the ability to pass a Federal Government background check, for which U.S. Citizenship is required.
A primary responsibility of this position is Red Hat Linux system administration. There will be a need to provide technical support for basic to moderate level projects and issues on RHEL servers. There is an on-call / off-hours rotation as well.
The candidate for the position will support a Continuous Development Pipeline to our customers. As a team member, tasks will be primarily focused on migrating to a Continuous Development model and redesigning existing build procedures to reduce complexity and take advantage of the “pipeline” which requires automation of code deployment from non-production to production environments using tools such as: Stash/Git/SVN, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, and Ansible. Beyond the automation of these activities, continuous improvement of processes and the integration of best practices is expected.
Sample tasks include:
- Maintain QA and Production configuration using automation tools
- Write scripts to automate operations and server management
- Build and maintain operations tools for monitoring, notifications, trending, and analysis.
- Define, create, test, and execute operations procedures.
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Install OS updates/hotfixes/patches/service packs
- Work with Application Developers to automate builds and software deployments to QA & production
- Maintain and enhance the Continuous Integration & Deployment environment
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience
- Must have Scripting experience
- Red Hat Linux — experience as an intermediate level administrator. Working knowledge of both physical and virtual Red Hat server deployments and long-term maintenance
- Stash/Git — provide support to the application development teams in migrating code from CVS/TFS
- Java (.NET a plus) — provide support for application development teams
- Maven or similar tool- assistance in building POMs to facilitate deployments
- Jenkins or similar tool- administer and configure for code deployments
- Nexus or similar tool- experience using as a repository
- Ansible or similar tool- experience as an automation tool for Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.