TCG, a Public Benefit Corporation and Certified B Corp, is also an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Linux Systems Engineer to join our team. This role will be supporting a federal team with the administration of RHEL Linux Servers, and the building and maintaining of a variety of physical and virtual servers.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance are required for this position.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work at our customer’s offices located in Washington, D.C.
- Perform Linux Systems Engineering for a hybrid Cloud and on-prem environment
- Upgrade RHEL environments and develop automation scripts utilizing Bash and Python
- Analyze Security protocols and review Linux vulnerabilities as well as provide support to security hardening
- Perform analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of systems for information applications by applying software, hardware, and standard information technology skills
- Evaluate and recommend applications and methodologies that can be used or adapted to provide IT solutions
- A minimum of three (3) years of Linux Systems experience
- Experience in AWS and/or Azure
- Experience performing upgrades and working with Linux Systems
- Experience building, maintaining, and shutting down physical servers, AWS servers, and VMware servers
- Automation experience and proficiency with writing scripts in Bash and Python
- Experience troubleshooting Linux Systems issues
- Experience with monitoring systems utilizing Splunk, SolarWinds or other monitoring software
- Support security hardening and configuration activities. Experience with Nessus and other security hardening tools
- Experience troubleshooting network/connection issues
- Working knowledge with Jira
- Experience migrating RHEL and AWS
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Experience with virtualization (AWS, VMware, or Nutanix) and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with automation software, experience with Puppet
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field required
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for the not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
We’re not some pandemic-come-lately — we’ve been treating our employees like humans for a long, long time. In fact, in 2021 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the sixth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the seventh straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Systems Engineer, Grade 5