TCG is an award‐winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of winning an upcoming contract award, we are seeking a Network Communications Specialist as part of a team that will provide technical and coordinated support services continuously to the network support team.
The project site is located in Montgomery County. US Citizenship or Permanent Residence and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput) and recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components
- Design and optimize network topologies and site configurations
- Plan installations, transitions, and cutovers of network components and capabilities
- Assist in developing configuration procedures and guidelines
- Coordinate requirements with users and suppliers
- Provide network performance monitoring
- Serve as a liaison to project team and users alike
- Inventory equipment
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in network communications or similar position
- Experience performing network support in a medium or large scale environment
- Experience working independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work directly with clients at all levels of an organization, including internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to act as point person on projects
- Independent problem‐solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and clear appreciation of end customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
This position is contingent upon the award of this position to TCG.
Why should you consider a position that is contingent upon the award? Check out our thoughts on this: https://www.tcg.com/blog/why-you-should-respond-to-ads-for-jobs-that-are-contingent-on-contract-award/
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick‐child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee‐led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.