You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, seeking a detail-oriented Operations Coordinator to join the TCG Operations team.
The primary objective of the Operations division is to delight our government customers by delivering high-quality technical solutions, on time, and within budget, with a highly-talented and engaged workforce. The three teams within Operations are Delivery Services, Talent Acquisition, and Program Integrity & Analysis. The Operations Coordinator will report to the Chief Operating Officer and support all functions across the division.
The Operations Coordinator will assist with daily business activities and administrative tasks, and liaise with other divisions to ensure the smooth operation of TCG. The coordinator will compile, track, and analyze data related to the operations of our professional services organization, including workforce utilization, staff onboarding, program monitoring, and requests from other divisions (ex. business development, software engineering process office, etc). S/he will understand the structure, policies, and operations of the organization, and recommend solutions to improve business process flows.
Any candidate applying for this position must exhibit great attention to detail, understand the importance of getting the correct information to the correct person to make informed decisions, and adapt quickly to changing circumstances. The ideal candidate is someone who shows initiative and can manage multiple tasks in a small amount of time. The candidate should possess a strong work ethic, while also valuing collaboration and communication.
- Monitor the utilization of the Delivery workforce, flagging staff assignments that are vulnerable and collaborating with managers to identify new opportunities
- Track the onboarding status of new hires and subcontractors joining Delivery teams
- Oversee the activities of staff when they are between assignments or impacted by external events (i.e. government shutdowns)
- Maintain awareness of high-probability contract wins and ensure we are operationally ready to deliver
- Coordinate with the business development team to support, monitor, and track proposal development activities for Delivery staff
- Triage incoming corporate requests and data calls, and track them through completion
- Liaise with program management and individual project managers to support delivery needs and reporting requirements
- Assist with the development of standardized processes, tools, and reports
- Provide logistical support for key meetings, including scheduling, preparation of agendas, recording meeting minutes, and follow-up on action items
- Contribute to operational process improvements
- A minimum of two years of related experience
- Team-focused attitude and ability to work proactively and efficiently with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Self-directed and motivated with strong analytical skills, systematic and orderly planning abilities, and high attention to details
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure all deliverables are thorough and accurate
- Collaborative, “can-do” attitude with the ability to work with all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- A talent for creativity and problem-solving
- Ability to work well within a team
- Willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Mastery in the use of G Suite: Docs, Calendar, and Sheets
- Mastery in the use of MS Office products: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Familiarity with collaboration tools (i.e. Confluence) and issue-tracking systems (i.e. Jira)
- Understanding of Federal government contracting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Operations Management, or Business Administration preferred
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Project Coordinator, Grade 4