TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a part-time PHP Developer, who currently lives in the DC metropolitan area, to join the TCG team on a project for a major Federal agency. This is a telecommuting position.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance are required.
- 5+ years of LAMP stack (or similar) development experience
- Proficient with creating SQL queries and relational database design
- Proficient with JSON, Web Services, REST APIs
- Excellent grammar and spelling in written communication
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to learn and contribute quickly to project requirements.
- Ability to prioritize and organize personal and group efforts in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a “helping others helps us all” personality.
- Broad language experience in Python, Java, Bash scripting
- Amazon Web Services or other cloud-based services
- Linux administration and scripting experience
- Source Control usage experience
- Familiarity with the concepts of continuous integration and automation
- Database usage or admin experience for complex datasets
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/MIS/Engineering or significant experience in a related discipline.
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.