TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a PHP DEVELOPER, who currently lives in the DC metropolitan area, to join the TCG team on a high profile project for major Federal agency.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance are required.
- 2-5 years of LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) development experience
- Proficient with creating SQL queries and relational database design
- Proficient with XML, JSON, Web Services, REST API design and development
- Typical OOP patterns, such as MVC, session facade, singleton, etc.
- Experience developing with Drupal CMS in MySQL 5.x environment
- Experience in data analysis and presentation
- Broad language experience (Java, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with front-end application frameworks such as AngularJS or React.
- Linux administration and scripting experience
- Experience mentoring other programmers
- Git SCCS experience
- Familiarity with the concepts of continuous integration and automation
- Experience with code and query optimization for large/complex datasets
- Excellent grammar and spelling in written communication
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to learn and contribute quickly to project requirements.
- Ability to prioritize and organize personal and group efforts in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity and a “helping others helps us all” personality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/MIS/Engineering or significant experience in a related discipline.
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2016 Fortune magazine named TCG the #4 medium-sized Great Place to Work in the United States, and in 2017 The Washington Post named TCG as a Top Workplace for the third straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.