TCG is an award-winning Government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a driven and energetic POLICY TEAM PROJECT MANAGER, who currently resides in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, to provide oversight to our policy team in crafting multiple statutorily mandated reports to Congress covering various Federal information technology (IT) issue areas.
The Policy Team Project Manager will work in a high profile agency in the Executive Branch, at the very center of government management. Any candidate applying for this position must have superior written and oral communication skills, the ability to qualitatively analyze complex federal programs, exhibit great attention to detail, and have the ability to comprehend large sums of unfamiliar subject matter within aggressive deadlines. The ideal candidate is someone who is eager and possesses a very strong work ethic. In this position, you will be expected to excel in a fast-paced environment, and prove daily your high value to the team.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal Government clearance are required.
- Provide direct oversight to a team of policy analysts working on issues pertinent to Federal IT management and oversight
- Contribute to the development of multiple Federally mandated reports to Congress
- Coordinate, gather, and organize policy and program data reported by Federal agencies
- Effectively translate data into concise written analyses
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative analyses of Federal IT and management data for the purposes of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Federal IT programs
- Respond to inquiries from senior staff and executive-level leadership
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree in a Public Policy, Public Administration, Government, or a related field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in policy or program research, analysis, and/or oversight
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in leading policy teams
- Solid experience in team management, timekeeping control, staff management, budget tracking, onboarding/transitions, risk ID/escalation, monthly reporting
- Experience researching technical public policy subject areas from diverse sources
- Experience developing presentations and reports, and communicating results orally and in writing to senior management
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and ability to juggle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to quickly process and master a wealth of unfamiliar subject matter
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply quick logical thinking to solve complex problems
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with an executive audience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel; document management/workflow management programs (e.g. SharePoint)
- Previous Hill experience and knowledge of Congress is a plus
- Experience synthesizing complex issues and writing for policymakers, academics, and other audiences
- Expertise performing systematic analysis and examination of qualitative and quantitative records while also reporting on complex programmatic and technical information that may impact agency budgets and operations
- Understanding of basic budgetary and financial management principles and techniques as they relate to long range planning of programs and objectives
- Experience and/or interest in Federal information technology, management, and/or budgetary policy
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2016 Fortune magazine named TCG the #4 medium-sized Great Place to Work in the United States and The Washington Post named TCG as a Top Workplace for the second straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.