TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Program Manager, who currently resides in the Washington DC metropolitan area, to join the TCG team on high profile projects at major Federal agencies.
Responsible for program performance, including budget, compliance, delivery strategy, methodology, and contractual compliance. Broad knowledge of the IT field with proven management skills. 10+ years experience with at least six years of overseeing Agile software development projects, and two years of business development and sector growth experience.
- Manages the activities of staff including first-level managers, supervisors, subject matter experts and/or individual contributors to ensure effective operational performance and client satisfaction on client projects.
- Oversees and maintains an effective program workforce through active recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, counseling, and communicating team expectations.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting, maintaining program budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Performs compliance and performance audits, identifies trends, recommends improvements, implements tactical and strategic change.
- Works with Project Managers and Leads to achieve client objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing quality standards, and removing barriers on critical paths.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, keeping up to date with relevant publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Explores opportunities to add value to program accomplishments
- Manages subcontractors and partner relationships; works with contracts department in defining work scope, work share, and required skills; participates in negotiating rates for individual resources.
- Responsible for development of key components for technical and business proposals including pricing and labor categories. Works closely with proposal team and sales executive to ensure successful submission of RFI and RFP responses. Develop and sustain strong partner relationships to deepen position in assigned market/segment.
Project/Program Leadership, Planning, Staff Management, P&L Accountability, Business Process Improvement, Financial Planning and Strategy, Strategic Planning, and Performance Management
- US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance
- At least 4 years of relevant, full-time work experience in program management
- At least 10 years of project management experience, of which at least 6 were in an Agile environment
- Possesses a thorough understanding of Federal contracting including all aspects of contract management (contract vehicles, rate schedules, prime/sub relationships, CO/COR responsibilities, FAR, etc)
- Outstanding organizational management and communication skills
- Excellent time management and ability to juggle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and systems thinking skill set; ability to apply technical solutions to broad, complex problems
- Ability to talk to clients about technology solutions with the understanding that clients are not themselves technologists, with the political savvy to know how to frame and communicate issues
- Experience in reporting to and building relationships with government executives
- Degree in Information Systems, Management, Government, or equivalent years of experience in related field
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2017 Fortune magazine named TCG as a “Great Place to Work” for the second year and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the third straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.