You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, seeking a Program Manager to join our team.
The Program Manager will work in a high-profile agency in the Executive Branch, at the very center of government management. In this role, you will be managing a team primarily responsible for cyber deliverables and data such as FISMA, cyber metrics, and a cyber scorecard. You will call upon your superior written and oral communication skills, ability to qualitatively analyze complex federal programs, attention to detail, and ability to comprehend large sums of unfamiliar subject matter within aggressive deadlines. This position is best suited for a person who is eager and possesses a very strong work ethic as they will be expected to excel in a fast-paced environment and prove their high value to the team daily.
This is a hybrid position with 3 days of remote work and 2 days on-site each week. The selected applicant must be located within a commutable distance of Washington, DC.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a clearance from the United States Federal government are required.
- Provide direct oversight of a team of cyber analysts working on issues related to Federal IT management and oversight
- Contribute to the development of multiple Federally mandated reports to Congress
- Manage the coordination of policy and program data reported by Federal agencies
- Respond to inquiries from senior OMB, White House staff, and CISA officials
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and make recommendations on resource needs, prioritization, and paths forward
- Act as the day-to-day point of contact for client interaction and management; contract performance and health, and responsible for customer satisfaction
- Responsible for Profit and Loss (P&L) for assigned contract
- Manage the activities of staff including first-level managers, supervisors, subject matter experts, and individual contributors to ensure effective operational performance and client satisfaction
- Actively identify and mitigate customer and contract level risks
- Recognize and pursue organic growth opportunities with clients
- Ensure contractual compliance with the client
- Work with the client to build the project schedule and staffing requirements
- Maintain budget and manage project costs
- Ensure accurate and complete deliverables and quality product
- Facilitate Monthly Program Reviews with the client and TCG senior leadership
- Participate in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Knowledge of cybersecurity issues and processes is highly desirable
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with team members (consultants, technical staff, subject experts) and clients to define project activities and resolve issues and problems
- Ability to communicate within and across teams
- Possess and demonstrate excellent writing skills
- Have the political savvy to know how to phrase issues to reassure rather than overwhelm clients
- Demonstrates creativity and responsibility in all tasks without waiting for direction from others
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Program Manager, Grade 8