You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Program Manager, to join the TCG team at a major Federal agency.
The Program Manager is responsible for overall project performance, including cost, schedule, deliverables, and contractual compliance. He or she is the person who knows most about the business and has an overview of all aspects of the project, who provides oversight to less senior members of the team, and who explains solutions to the client. The project will focus on technical system design oversight services, ensuring compatibility and compliance with Agency enterprise architecture and other architectural standards.
For this telecommuting position, TCG is pleased to offer remote employment in the following states, AL, AZ, CO, DC, DE, GA, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NC, OH, OR, PA (excluding the City of Philadelphia), TN, UT, VA, WV, or WI.
US citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance are required for this position.
- Responsible for program performance, including budget, compliance, delivery strategy, methodology, and contractual compliance. Broad knowledge of the IT field with proven management skills.
- Responsible for organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of contract operational support functions involving multiple complex and inter-related project tasks that often require managing teams of contractor personnel at multiple locations.
- Provide overall direction of program activities.
- Oversee a team of Enterprise Architecture experts and advise on the enterprise architecture landscape, including technology, information, data, security, and integration.
- Ensure maintenance of an extensive library of EA artifacts.
- Manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer’s organization.
- Consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensuring conformance with program and project task schedules and costs, and contractual obligations.
- Establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show the progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative and provide support to marketing personnel in identifying and acquiring potential business.
- Oversees and maintains an effective program workforce through active recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, counseling, and communicating team expectations.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting, maintaining the program budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Performs compliance and performance audits, identifies trends, recommends improvements, and implements tactical and strategic change.
- Works with the project team to achieve client objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing quality standards, and removing barriers on critical paths.
- Explores opportunities to add value to program accomplishments.
- Demonstrates creativity and responsibility in all tasks without waiting for direction from others.
- A minimum of 16 years of experience with at least 5 years of Federal IT project management experience
- Enterprise architecture experience and comfortable with industry-standard architecture frameworks such as TOGAF or DODAF.
- Knowledge of diverse technical architectures, technologies, and design standards in a government environment is highly desirable
- Outstanding organizational management and communication skills
- Excellent time management and ability to juggle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and systems thinking skill set; ability to apply technical solutions to broad, complex problems
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with team members (consultants, technical staff, subject experts) and clients to define project activities and resolve issues and problems
- Experience in reporting to and building relationships with government executives
- Have the political savvy to know how to phrase issues to reassure rather than overwhelm clients
- Possess and demonstrate excellent writing skills
- Certified Enterprise Architect (CEA) certification is highly desired
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Management, Government, or related discipline required
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Program Manager, Grade 8