TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Program Manager, who currently resides in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, to join the TCG team on high profile projects at major Federal agencies. Although this is primarily a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Federal Government Clearance, for which U.S. Citizenship is required.
The Program Manager is responsible for program performance, including budget, compliance, delivery strategy, methodology, and contractual compliance. In addition, the Program Manager will:
- Manage staff including first-level managers, supervisors, subject matter experts and/or individual contributors to ensure effective operational performance and client satisfaction on client projects
- Oversee and maintain an effective program workforce through active recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, counseling, and communicating team expectations
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting, maintaining program budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Perform compliance and performance audits, identifies trends, recommends improvements, implements tactical and strategic change
- Work with Project Managers and Leads to achieve client objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing quality standards, and removing barriers on critical paths
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, keeping up to date with relevant publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Explore opportunities to add value to program accomplishments
- Manage subcontractors and partner relationships; works with contracts department in defining work scope, work share, and required skills; participates in negotiating rates for individual resources
- Develop key components for technical and business proposals including pricing and labor categories; working closely with the proposal team and sales executives to ensure successful submission of RFI and RFP responses
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships to deepen position in assigned market/segment
- Broad knowledge of the IT field with proven management skills
- A minimum of ten (10) years project management experience with at least six (6) years of overseeing Agile software development projects, and two (2) years of business development and sector growth experience
- Project/Program Leadership, Planning, Staff Management, P&L Accountability, Business Process Improvement, Financial Planning and Strategy, Strategic Planning, and Performance Management experience
- Knowledge of OMB Circular A-11 is required
- Outstanding organizational management and communication skills
- Excellent time management and ability to juggle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and systems thinking skill set; ability to apply technical solutions to broad, complex problems
- Ability to talk to clients about technology solutions with the understanding that clients are not themselves technologists, with the political savvy to know how to frame and communicate issues
- Experience in reporting to and building relationships with government executives
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Management, Government, or equivalent years of experience in related field
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2018 Fortune magazine named TCG as a “Great Place to Work” for the third year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fourth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.