TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Program Manager, who currently resides in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, to join the TCG team on a high profile project at a major Federal agency. This opportunity requires a daily commute to a project site in Bethesda/Rockville.
This position also requires the ability to pass a Federal Government background check, for which U.S. Citizenship is required.
The Program Manager is responsible for overall program performance and will serve as the primary interface with the government leadership team. The requirements of the position include assigning contracting schedules, formulating and enforcing performance standards, supervising project personnel, and communicating policies, procedures, and goals unilaterally to program team members. In addition, the Program Manager will:
- Manage all staff, including managers, subject matter experts, and/or individual contributors to ensure effective operational performance and client satisfaction
- Oversee and maintain an effective program workforce through active recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, counseling, and communicating team expectations
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting, maintaining program budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Provide periodic reports to the Government’s Project Officer
- Perform compliance and performance audits, identifies trends, recommends improvements, implements tactical and strategic change
- Work with Project Managers and Leads to achieve client objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, ensuring that security related plans are followed via various security administration guidelines (NIST, FISMA, RMF, etc.)
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, keeping up to date with relevant publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Explore opportunities to add value to program accomplishments
- Manage subcontractors and partner relationships
- Broad knowledge of the IT field with proven track record in managing large-scale programs
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years experience with at least eight (8) in a program lead role, overseeing a large scale information security or cybersecurity project
- Specific, hands-on experience with staff management, P&L accountability, business process improvement, financial planning and strategy, strategic planning, and performance management
- Knowledge of general information security standards such as FISMA, NIST, RMF, or 8570
- Outstanding organizational management and communication skills
- Excellent time management and ability to juggle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and systems thinking skill set; ability to apply technical solutions to broad, complex problems
- Ability to talk to clients about technology solutions with the understanding that clients are not always technologists, with the political savvy to know how to frame and communicate issues
- Experience in reporting to and building relationships with government executives
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or a related discipline
- PMP certification required
- Industry related certifications (CISSP, CISSO, etc.) a major plus
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2018 Fortune magazine named TCG as a “Great Place to Work” for the third year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fourth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.