You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, seeking a Project Coordinator for a high-profile project supporting the Federal government.
The ideal candidate is someone who is eager and possesses a very strong work ethic. This is a hybrid position that allows for telecommuting 2–3 days per week. The selected applicant must be located within a commutable distance of Washington, DC, and able to commute several times a week for in-person meetings.
In this position, you will be expected to excel under pressure and prove your high value daily. A collaborative and organized approach, the ability to influence, exceptional communication skills, and a positive attitude are key requirements.
You will interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. A high level of professionalism and discretion is crucial to this role.
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Federal government security clearance are required for this position.
- Work directly with the Project Manager for key resource coordination and team support
- Track, control, and update select project information and documentation
- Lead small projects and special initiatives as needed and directed by the project manager or client
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team in identifying opportunities to improve process, communications, and tool utility within the organization
- Conduct coordination activities across the team and clients including booking meetings and coordinating access
- Plan, arrange, and execute customer-facing and internal meetings on and offsite
- Scribe as required to document meeting minutes and action items
- Where appropriate, support the Business Analyst and Quality Assurance teams in both defining software needs and testing the application
- Support the production of documents such as agendas, reports, memos, and PowerPoint presentations in a timely and accurate manner
- Create and adjudicate comments, updates, and feedback for a variety of presentations, complex reports, confidential correspondence, and files
- Coordinate meeting details (room setup, ordering of food, and other associated tasks)
- Perform various clerical duties including responding/creating emails, photocopying, mailing, and faxing documents
- Create and handle presentations, complex reports, confidential correspondence, and files
- US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience, assisting in the preparation and analysis of financial reports and the development of complex project schedules
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to identify process gaps and initiate improvement opportunities within areas of responsibility
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability in developing exceptional customer and internal stakeholder relationships
- Excellent PC skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint)
- Understanding of Federal government
- Understanding of Agile Scrum
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Public Policy, Public Administration, or a related discipline
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Project Coordinator, Grade 4