TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Project Manager, who currently resides in the Washington DC metropolitan area, to join the TCG team on a high profile project for a major Federal client.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government security clearance is required for this position.
Responsible for project delivery, including schedule, client, and budget management. Proven management and leadership ability to lead multiple cross-disciplinary IT teams on complex, high visibility projects a must. 10+ years experience overall, with at least 8+ years of management experience and 2+ years of overseeing Agile software development projects.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary project with multiple teams to a successful national rollout of a custom software application for a major client
- Serves as primary POC for our client’s IT staff–including their senior management, infrastructure, network, hosting, and storage teams–to ensure their confidence in the overall success of the project and clarity on our team’s path to delivery
- Manages the activities of TCG staff including first-level managers, subject matter experts and/or individual contributors to ensure effective project performance and client satisfaction
- Prioritizes overall project activities to meet project milestone and owns the overall integrated master project schedule in MS Project by coordinating input from each team lead for team activities and managing external dependencies (e.g change implementation by client’s infrastructure team)
- Leads all external/client-facing management reporting activities, including weekly status reports and program management reports
- Leads all internal status meetings for Infrastructure, Security, and Help Desk/Operations teams, including daily stand-ups and planning meetings
- Reviews all deliverables from the Infrastructure, Security, and Help Desk/Operations teams
- Provides guidance and oversight to team’s Scrum Master/Product Manager and the development team to ensure project success
- Serves as the primary escalation point for all external stakeholders and internal team members
- Manages financial/budget and contractual obligations, including all reporting and monitoring activities
- US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance
- Demonstrated track record of delivering high visibility, challenging projects successfully, with preference given for experience with major product launches
- Outstanding project management and communication skills
- Ability to talk to clients about technology solutions with the understanding that clients are not themselves technologists, with the political savvy to know how to frame and communicate issues
- Excellent time management and ability to juggle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and systems thinking skill set; ability to apply technical solutions to broad, complex problems
- 10+ years of experience in the IT or software development field, including at least 8 years of project management experience and 2 years in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Management, Government, or equivalent years of experience in related field
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sickchild daycare, fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employeeled (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.