TCG is an award-winning, government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Project Manager. This opportunity requires living within a commutable distance to Washington, DC.
This position may start as a full-time telecommuting position. It will eventually require on-site work. We will continue to put our employee’s health and safety first with appropriate social distancing and sanitation guidelines when our employees will need to report on site. To the greatest extent possible, we advocate for continued telework. In addition, to support the safety of our current and prospective employees our interview process is fully remote and is conducted via phone and video interviews.
In this role you will help lead TCG’s effort supporting the development of strategic plans/business strategies; investment performance management, including Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) processes; managing relationships with the client’s Program Offices, and performing enterprise architecture development.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance is required for this position.
- Serve as the program manager typically responsible for organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of contract operational support functions involving multiple complex and inter-related project tasks that often require managing teams of contractor personnel at multiple locations
- Provide overall direction of program activities
- Manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer service organization
- Consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensuring conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations
- Establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show the progress of projects to management and customers
- Organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates
- Oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative and provide support to marketing personnel in identifying and acquiring potential business.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in IT project management experience
- A minimum of 2 years of task leader experience managing a group of Developer and/or Engineers
- Outstanding organizational management and communication skills
- Excellent time management and ability to juggle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and systems thinking skillset; ability to apply technical solutions to broad, complex problems
- Ability to talk to clients about technology solutions with the understanding that clients are not themselves technologists, with the political savvy to know how to frame and communicate issues
- Experience building relationships with project management, project team members, Stakeholders and Users
- Current PMP certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Masters degree a plus
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.