You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Project Manager for a current federal client within the Department of Health and Human Services to join our team.
This is a hybrid position requiring 1 — 2 days of work per week at our client’s site. The selected applicant must live within commuting distance of Washington D.C.
In this position you join a team leading TCG’s support in the development of strategic plans and business strategies; investment performance management, including Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) processes; managing relationships with the client’s Program Offices, and supporting enterprise architecture development for the Office of the CIO.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
- Identify, create, implement, execute, oversee, and/or advise on maturing Project/Program Management practices, as informed by the Project Management Institute (PMI), for models, methods, and artifacts in the following Project Performance Domains: Stakeholders, Team, Development Approach and Life Cycle, Planning, Project Work, Delivery, Measurement, and Uncertainty.
- Lead project integration for predictive and agile projects across the entire software development lifecycle.
- As a member of the PMO Team, be responsible for supporting and coordinating with other PMs for completion of tasks and projects on time. Oversee all aspects of projects including monitoring and summarizing progress of projects, providing routine status to the PM/DPM, and when required, providing final disposition to the customer.
- Work directly with senior level managers working for the PMO and coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and completed on time.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of projects and other work as required by the PMO.
- Work with PM, DPM, senior level managers, and PMs on risk management to minimize project risks.
- Support the development and maintenance of project related deliverables including risk management plans, integrated master schedules, and PMO SOPs.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project and contract documentation.
- Provide support and expertise to the PMO team for various government contracting efforts that include, but not limited to, contract bidding, acquisition, modification, statement of work formulation, and other program management processes.
- Ensure timely communication within and across project teams and with all project stakeholders to ensure critical decisions are made and the project is well managed.
- Use and continually develop leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Help ensure that the execution of the contract follows the plan developed for the year being executed.
- Synthesize inputs from multiple, cross functional teams, into an accurate picture of the project’s operational performance.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in IT project management experience
- Experience leading teams in an agile environment
- Experience managing tasks using agile tools like Atlassian JIRA and Confluence.
- Outstanding organizational management and communication skills
- Excellent time management and ability to juggle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and systems thinking skillset; ability to apply technical solutions to broad, complex problems
- Ability to talk to clients about technology solutions with the understanding that clients are not themselves technologists, with the political savvy to know how to frame and communicate issues
- Ability to communicate critical issues to leadership quickly, and concisely
- Experience reporting to and building relationships with project & program management and Stakeholders
- Strong rapport building skills and situational awareness
- Adaptive leader capable of adjusting leadership style to a variety of personality types.
- Current PMP certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related preferred
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Project Manager, Grade 7