You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Project Manager for Customer Engagement to join our team.
This is a hybrid role requiring on-site work 1–2 days per week. The selected candidate must live within commuting distance of Washington, D.C.
Primary responsibilities are to engage our internal customers and plan, coordinate, and oversee a wide range of IT projects. Your duties are to develop timelines, ensure projects are on schedule, provide supervision from start to finish, communicate, and offer guidance to improve overall progress.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a federal government clearance check are required.
- Lead cross-functional teams, managing new IT requests through the governance process. This includes:
- Understand the scope of the project
- Set and manage project deadlines
- Coordinate tasks and resources
- Encourage efficiency
- Analyze and document requirements in support of new IT requests
- Assist in the development of statements of work and procurements.
- Act as a liaison to technical resources for our customers and ensure the customer understands the effort and timeline of the project
- Assist others with analysis and evaluation and with the preparation of recommendations for improvements, optimization, and development, in the following specialties: information systems, networking; telecommunications, automation; communications protocols, risk management, software; lifecycle management, and software development methodologies.
- Evaluate analytically and systematically problems of workflows, organization, and planning and develop appropriate corrective action
- Manage and maintain interface with the Government Technical Managers, technical resources, and end customers
- Consult with the customer to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensuring conformance with project task schedules, costs, and contractual obligations
- Organize and assign responsibilities to team members, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative and provide support in areas of need to government personnel in support of the PWS
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a lead in a client/customer-facing customer engagement or account management role
- Knowledge of government procurement process, including RFP/RFQs, proposals
- Strong time management and customer service skills
- The ability to translate technical concepts into easy-to-understand language
- Experience and the ability to manage and contribute to a strong team environment; proven ability to solve problems
- Experience with technical designs, frameworks, implementations, and current technologies
- Experience with project management, specifically managing multiple, concurrent projects
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Agile and Project management skills
- CSM and PMP certification a plus
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Project Manager, Grade 7