TCG is an award‐winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of winning an upcoming contract award, we are seeking a Project Manager III for a dynamic IT Security project.
The project site is located in Montgomery County. US Citizenship or Permanent Residence and the ability to pass a Federal government cearance is required for this position.
The Project Manager III is responsible for taking a lead role in supporting the Program Manager, assisting with the overall program performance, and serving as the primary facilitator for the team of Project Managers. The requirements of the position include ensuring contracting schedules are met, formulating and enforcing performance standards, supervising project personnel, and communicating policies, procedures, and goals unilaterally to program team members. In addition, the Project Manager III will:
- Serve as the primary liaison for facilitating teams on mid‐size/large projects
- Analyze new and complex project‐related problems and create innovative solutions that normally involve the schedule, technology, methodology, tools, solution components, and financial management of the project
- Provide applications systems analysis and long and short‐range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities for necessary support resources
- Manage project staff, including the broader project management team, team leads, subject matter experts, and/or individual contributors to ensure effective operational performance and client satisfaction
- Oversee and maintain an effective project workforce through active recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, counseling, and communicating team expectations
- Provide periodic reports to the program manager and government stakeholders
- Perform compliance and performance audits, identify trends, recommend improvements, implement tactical and strategic change
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, keeping up to date with relevant publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Explore information and technology to add value to program accomplishments
- Help manage subcontractors and partner relationships
- Broad knowledge of the IT field with proven track record in managing mid or large‐scale programs
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience with at least seven (7) overseeing a mid or large scale information security or cybersecurity project
- PMP certification
- Specific, hands‐on experience with staff management, P&L accountability, business process improvement, financial planning and strategy, strategic planning, and performance management
- Extensive knowledge of general information security standards such as FISMA, NIST, RMF, or 8570
- Outstanding organizational management and communication skills
- Excellent time management and ability to juggle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and systems thinking skill set; ability to apply technical solutions to broad, complex problems
- Ability to talk to clients about technology solutions with the understanding that clients are not always technologists, with the political savvy to know how to frame and communicate issues
- Experience in reporting to and building relationships with program & project team members and stakeholders
- Industry related certifications (CISSP, CISM, etc.) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
This position is contingent upon the award of this position to TCG.
Why should you consider a position that is contingent upon the award? Check out our thoughts on this: https://www.tcg.com/blog/why-you-should-respond-to-ads-for-jobs-that-are-contingent-on-contract-award/
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick‐child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee‐led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.