You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Proposal Manager to join our team. This is a full-time, telecommuting position.
This opportunity is a great match for you if:
You are familiar with Federal Government procurement processes and documents such as RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, and sources sought notices, and how to bend them to your will. People in your team admire your endless energy, quick wit, and ability to switch contexts faster than a speeding bullet. You dedicate yourself to helping teams of IT and subject matter experts develop high quality documents that show how choosing any bidder other than TCG is equivalent to storing popsicles in a hot oven.
You understand that compliance is important but convention is not, and continually assess our proposal processes and operations for improvement. You deliver winning proposals that make our customers smile. You know how to get the best ideas and information from experts for whom writing is difficult, and how to best harness their skills to get the job done. You balance enthusiasm with focus, and demonstrate how difficult objectives can be met through leading by example.
Your work products are always superb, and you believe good is the enemy of great (while poor is excised from your thinking completely). If something isn’t right, you ensure it is fixed, even if that means doing it yourself until 2 am.
You consider yourself exceptional and understand that you think in different ways to your peers. You’ve been searching for a better place to let your skills blossom, and want to be appreciated for your efforts.
- Manage the proposal process from beginning to end so that documents are delivered at least one business day before the final deadline
- Set and manage the proposal schedule, milestones, and deliverables
- Ensure compliance with procurement requirements
- Work with Business Development and Subject Matter Experts to facilitate the development of proposal win themes, ghosting strategies, and narratives
- Ensure “one voice” in the proposal after combining all proposal inputs, and execute final edits prior to document delivery, minimizing “jargon” and maximizing engaging, easy-to-read language
- Collaborate with graphic designers to manage proposal graphic design and graphic production
- Create exemplary, beautiful documents using MS Word, Google Docs, and other tools
- Manage and execute the proposal production process
- Maintain and update proposal-related repositories, including:
- Baseline repository
- Past Performance repository
- Graphics repository
- Resume repository
- Assist in developing corporate capabilities statements, participating in trade shows, and other marketing-related functions as required
- At least 7 years of experience
- Experience with federal government technical proposal development and processes, especially (but not exclusively) Shipley
- Excellent communication
- Extensive proposal writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in grammar, spelling, and punctuation and have accurate proofreading skills
- Excellent organization skills and extreme attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project)
- Extensive knowledge of Google (Drive, Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Familiarity with select Adobe software, such as Acrobat, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Flexibility in adapting to deadlines, changing schedules, priorities, and unpredictable events
- Must be detail oriented and able to work with minimal supervision
- Occasional unscheduled overtime and weekend support
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Proposal Manager, Grade 6