TCG is an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government. We are seeking a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer, who currently resides in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, to join our team on a high-profile project with a major Federal agency.
The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer ensures that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that all issues are identified before the product goes live. Analyzes and tests software (cloud and/or in-house) to ensure that products meet design specifications and standards. Designs manual and/or automated test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures based on business requirements. Tests any new software to ensure functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications are met.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Public Trust clearance are required for this position.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work.
- Create test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Execute and document results of test scripts
- Perform functional, integration, and regression testing of the system
- Document defects and suggested enhancements in the tracking system
- Work with business analysts to ensure business requirements are clear and complete before development begins
- Work with developers to ensure the system fulfills business requirements and all issues are resolved successfully
- Create and execute automation scripts where appropriate
- Apply quality assurance principles throughout the Agile product lifecycle
- Support growth initiatives through knowledge sharing and acquiring relevant certifications
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 4 years of related work experience
- Experience developing test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to quickly shift focus to other tasks
- Outside the box thinker
- Continuously look for ways to improve the quality of our work
- Apply software testing best practices
- Being able to navigate work with minimum or no requirements
- Ability to analyze issues and solve problems
- Basic knowledge of coding/ scripting
- Understanding of the principles of system analysis and quality assurance
- Experience collaborating with developers and analysts to define system needs
- Clear communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- CTFL — ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level
- Hands-on experience with Jira
- Experience with test automation tools (Selenium, Ruby, Record, Replay, etc.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2021 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the sixth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the seventh straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.