You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Scrum Master to join our team in anticipation of an upcoming opportunity.
The Scrum Master ensures a true scrum process over the course of a project by holding together the scrum framework and facilitating the process for the organization, product owner, and scrum team. Coordinates and monitors the scrum process from initiation through delivery, focusing on the delivery of value in the shortest time. Serves as liaison between the product owner, development team, and management in order to identify and eliminate roadblocks. Acts as coach and facilitator to the development team in executing Agile practices to complete work.
For this telecommuting position, TCG is pleased to offer remote employment in the following states, AL, AZ, CO, DC, DE, GA, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NC, OH, OR, PA (excluding the City of Philadelphia), TN, UT, VA, WV, or WI.
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal government security clearance are required for this position.
- Conduct requirements-gathering sessions with end-users
- Act as liaison between customer, CIO / stakeholders, and development teams
- Support the project manager and project leads as necessary
- Deliver timely status and update customer leads.
- Support Agile-based SDLC for software development creating necessary standards, tools, and best practices.
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related meetings
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
- Update and maintain agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs
- Improve the productivity of the sprint teams
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
- At least 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology and documentation
- Ability to facilitate customer requirements-gathering sessions
- Ability to act as a liaison between testers, developers, clients, and other stakeholders during all phases of development
- Professional, client-ready written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative, “can-do” attitude
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, reporting, and time management skills
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and ability to understand technical issues
- Ability to prioritize and handle changing deadlines
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, and keep the team engaged and on task
- Results Driven (Prioritizing, Taking Initiative, Taking Ownership) Team Leadership (Demonstrating Teamwork, Influencing Others, Interacting with Others, Maintaining Composure, Motivating Others, Providing Direction and Leadership, Dealing with Stress)
- Must have a Scrum Master certification
- Experience working with agile methodologies on large-scale, complex projects for a large enterprise
- Understand Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams in a fast-paced environment
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience in documentation standards and methods
- Experience with creating professional mock-ups and prototypes
- Experience in executive-level management reporting on a regular basis using informational and persuasive presentations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; four (4) years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Scrum Master, Grade 7