TCG is an awardwinning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Scrum Master, who currently resides in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, to join our team. The Scrum Master is responsible for providing effective leadership, collaboration, and facilitation supporting the agile development delivery as well as support the day-to-day project management activities on a large systems integration and application development project with a Federal government agency.
Any candidate applying for this position must be able to learn unfamiliar tools and techniques quickly, exhibit great attention to detail, execute under aggressive deadlines, and adapt quickly to changing circumstances. The ideal candidate is someone who is eager and possesses a very strong work ethic, while also valuing collaboration and communication. In this position, you will be expected to excel in a fast-paced environment, and prove your high value to the team.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government security clearance is required for this position.
- Act as liaison between customers, stakeholders, and development teams
- Lead all Product Management activities, including updates to each sprint on the development roadmap based on the Product Owner’s feedback and preparation for sprint activities (e.g. review of user stories)
- Facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Update and maintain agile tracking systems (JIRA) to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs
- Conduct requirements-gathering sessions with end-users
- Support the project manager as necessary
- Deliver timely status and updates customer leads
- Support Agile based SDLC for software development creating necessary standards, tools, and best practices
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
- Improve the productivity of the sprint teams
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
- Strong working knowledge of Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Ability to facilitate customer requirements-gathering sessions
- Ability to act as a liaison between testers, developers, clients, and other stakeholders during all phases of development
- Professional, client-ready written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative, “can-do” attitude
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, reporting and time management skills
- Ability to understand technical issues
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
- Results Driven (prioritizing, taking initiative, taking ownership) team leadership (demonstrating teamwork, influencing others, interacting with others, maintained composure, motivating others, providing direction and leadership, dealing with stress)
- Understand Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams in a fast paced environment
- Strong communications skills
- Good organization skills and ability to manage a dynamic workload
- Demonstrates an ability to contribute quickly to project requirements
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity and a customer service-oriented personality
- Experience in documentation standards and methods
- Experience with creating professional mock-ups and prototypes
- Experience in executive level management reporting using informational and persuasive presentations
- Experience working with loosely-defined requirements
- PMP certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar is required
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sickchild daycare, fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employeeled (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.