TCG is an award-winning, $35M+ e‑government solutions provider. We are seeking a driven and energetic Senior Accountant, with experience working in a federal contracting environment, to support our efforts. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Project Accounting and is a 100% telework position.
Although this is a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area or within Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania (excluding the City of Philadelphia), Tennessee, Virginia, or West Virginia.
- Review and post all Cash transactions daily, reporting balance per book to the CFO daily
- Review and post all A/P transactions daily, ensuring the accuracy of charge codes and billability
- Assist with, and serve as backup for, monthly invoice preparation
- Assist with monthly preparation of financial statements, preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and other internal work papers
- Review payroll preparation with Staff Accountant and HR Generalist to ensure 100% accuracy of each payroll
- Prepare, enter, and payroll journal entries
- Help with year-end review and audit preparation, tax preparation, and coordination of DCAA audit activities and preparation of required materials
- Assist in the maintenance of standard operating procedures for tightened internal controls in all areas of accounting and finance
- Provide timely recommendations for process improvements
- Provide periodic and ad hoc reporting of the company’s financial position to the CFO and other executives
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a federal contracting environment
- Working knowledge of DCAA audit requirements
- Hands-on experience with Finance functions such as budgeting, performance reporting, and financial analysis
- Experience and comfort in working with individuals across various organizational levels
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact across all levels of the organization
- Exhibits strong ethics, a positive attitude, and a calm demeanor under pressure
- Working knowledge and experience with Deltek/CostPoint
- CPA license
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2021 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the seventh straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Salary range: $85,000 — $100,000