TCG is an award-winning, government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a FITARA Acquisition Specialist with hands-on experience in assessing and reviewing IT acquisition packages for FITARA (Federal Information Technology Reform Act) compliance and maturing the FITARA Review and Approval process for a federal agency CIO. In addition, this job requires hands-on experience in building and executing IT accessibility/Section 508 compliance programs for a federal agency.
This position supports the Portfolio Management and Governance (PMG) division of the OCIO (Office of the CIO). Apply your experience in leading, defining, developing, implementing, executing, and maturing FITARA Review and Approval process and section 508 program. In this position, you will be responsible for developing the program and planning, organizing, and executing day-to-day activities of FITARA acquisition package reviews including tracking FITARA requests for agency CIO approvals.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required.
This position is temporarily remote due to COVID and will eventually require on-site work.
- Supports the CIO in the OMB (Office of Management and Budget) FITARA requirements
- Supports the CIO and associated stakeholders in the Investment Review process
- Work with limited direction to lead, define, develop, implement, execute, maintain, and mature FITARA review and approval process.
- Research opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of FITARA Review processes.
- Support CIO leadership in the FITARA review and approval with the goal to address challenges such as:
- Strengthening the accountability of federal agency CIOs for IT costs, security, and performance
- Aligning IT resources with agency requirements and missions
- Improving planning, programming, budget, and execution for IT resources
- Improving transparency into IT resources
- To execute the contract performance monitoring support task successfully, the candidate shall advance and support activities including (but not limited to):
- Establish procedures for review of contract performance reports and implement these procedures; part of the establishment of procedures will be the establishment of metrics related to contract performance.
- Develop enterprise-wide views for reporting contract performance.
- Conduct monthly Contract Status Reviews for all vendors, to assess whether they are performing as expected.
- Track status of FITARA requests daily and escalate issues timely. Develop weekly FITARA status reports.
- Develop monthly FITARA dashboard for Senior Review Board
- Deliver training and presentation to acquisition leads and contract officer representatives as needed on FITARA Review process
- Responsible for leading tracking, analyzing acquisition packages involving IT services for FITARA compliance and obtaining CIO approvals.
- Responsible for review and analysis of the Acquisition Package documents such as listed below for FITARA compliance
- Acquisition Strategy
- Acquisition Plans
- Market Research Analysis
- Determination & Findings
- Justification for Approvals
- Independent Government Cost Estimates
- Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans
- Source Selection Plans
- Requirements documents (Statement of Work, Performance Work Statement, Statement of Objectives, and Statement of Requirements)
- Maintain accurate and complete electronic Contract Files
- Facilitate and participate in Acquisition Integrated Project Teams as required
- Coordinate and meet with government stakeholders to understand and collect technical data needed to produce rational and appropriate contracting recommendations.
Section 508 Compliance:
- Work with limited direction to lead, define, develop, implement, execute, maintain, and mature Section 508 program, roadmap, and processes.
- Track and manage IT accessibility/section 508 program maturity activities and deliverables.
- Review project artifacts for section 508 compliance and provide feedback to agency section 508 coordinator and project teams.
- Review VPAT (Voluntary Product Accessibility Template) and provide feedback to project teams.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience
- Knowledge of a federal agency information technology (IT) business and procurement processes
- Knowledge and experience in preparing/reviewing acquisition packages for FITARA compliance.
- Experience in pre and post award acquisition package creations or reviews with focus on IT investments and supporting CIO.
- Knowledge of IT (Information technology) services, software, hardware, cloud, tools etc.,
- Knowledge of IT section 508 laws, regulations, policies, and standards
- Experience in building section 508 program and/or reviewing project artifacts for section 508 compliance.
- Knowledge of assistive technology and tools used for section 508 testing and validation.
- Understand end-to-end Solution (or System) Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Must apply strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to partner and collaborate effectively.
- Ability to work on a complex IT Governance environment supporting day to day activities.
- Professional acquisition certification such as FAC‑C (Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting) certification
- Project Management Professional certification
- Bachelor’s degree, with at least 24 semester hours in the following course of study: accounting, law, business finance, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, and organizational management, preferred
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater, and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us… we’ll make you happy.