You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Senior Budget Analyst to join our team.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a federal government clearance check are required for this position.
This is a hybrid position requiring 1–2 days of work per week on-site at our customer facility in Washington, D.C. The selected candidate must live within commuting distance of Washington, D.C.
Oversees day-to-day budget functions to include, but not limited to:
- Monitors, reviews, and reconciles financial commitments and obligations
- Tracks obligations, expenditures, and the flow of funds
- Ensures fund availability for the processing of obligating documents
- Compiles data and prepares a variety of ad hoc and recurring reports and analyses related to financial management issues such as the status of funds, obligations, FTE usage, etc
- Reviews and edits office budget submissions for accuracy and conformance with procedures and guidelines
- Analyzes historical budget for the use in forecasting programmatic needs
- Prepares accurate and timely reports for various budget allocations throughout the office
- Provides leadership and direction in the execution of various budget functions and responsibilities
- Performs budget development and/or execution functions for assigned administrative budget areas
- Maintains complex databases, registers, and other budget tracking systems employed by the organization
- Assures that obligations incurred and resulting expenditures of funds are in accordance with pertinent laws and regulations
- Identifies potential issues and provides recommendations for resolution of budgetary problems
- Identifies opportunities and recommends process improvements to the budgetary processes, policies, and procedures
- Compiles background and historical data and documentation, to assist in the development of budget estimates and justifications and to identify operating costs
- Interprets complex regulations, directives, and policies and provides authoritative advice and assistance to others
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Experience using MS Excel and can create advanced algorithms
- Has knowledge of Appropriations Law, A‑123 processes
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in using the Unified Financial Management System (UFMS); has the ability to create requisitions and purchase orders within UFMS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 8 years of experience in place of degree
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Business Analyst, Grade 7