TCG is an award-winning, government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst, who currently lives in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, to join our project team at a major Federal agency.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance is required for this position.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work. We will continue to put our employee’s health and safety first with appropriate social distancing and sanitation guidelines when our employees will need to report on site. To the greatest extent possible, we advocate for continued telework. In addition, to support the safety of our current and prospective employees our interview process is fully remote and is conducted via phone and video interviews.
- Serving as one of the primary client interfaces to define requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria for all features
- Developing a deep, holistic understanding of the application and the needs of our users
- Creating detailed documentation on business logic and requirements where needed and appropriate
- Participating in and ensuring the success of the team’s Agile Scrum process
- Collaborating with the project manager and rest of the team to design and estimate the product roadmap and backlog, consistent with Agile Scrum processes
- Working closely with the development and QA team to ensure that requirements and business needs are met, and supporting the development of technical specifications and test cases where needed
- Working with Help Desk to understand and triage Production issues as requested
- Identify and implement process improvements to improve the Scrum Team velocity
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working as a Business Analyst
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience in Agile or Agile Scrum environments
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of complex software applications and their requirements
- Ability to clearly explain complex processes and technical requirements to client and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to act as a liaison between client, developers, QA, Help Desk, and other stakeholders during all phases of development
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate customer requirements-gathering sessions
- Attention to detail
- Clear communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Comfortable collaborating with developers and other analysts to define system needs
- Demonstrated ability to learn and contribute quickly to project requirements
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with user-centered requirements gathering approach and documenting user stories to facilitate agile development
- Experience working as a member of an Agile/Scrum software development team
- Experience conducting software demonstrations
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity and a customer service-oriented personality
- Initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience with relevant CMMI Level 2 & 3 processes (Requirements Development and Management, Configuration Management, Change Management, Technical Solution)
- Experience with tracking systems/requirements databases (particularly JIRA) for requirements and user story management
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.