TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Senior Developer (Application Modernization SME). In this role, you will create and publish digital media, interactive visuals such as charts and graphs, and other data visualizations for publication to the client’s data catalog. The role will involve creating web-based visualizations from static content.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government security clearance is required for this position.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work. We will continue to put our employee’s health and safety first with appropriate social distancing and sanitation guidelines when our employees will need to report on site. To the greatest extent possible, we advocate for continued telework. In addition, to support the safety of our current and prospective employees our interview process is fully remote and is conducted via phone and video interviews.
- A minimum of 8 years of application engineering with recent application modernization experience in the Federal sector
- At least 5 years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
- At least 3 years of experience with FISMA and NIST requirements
- Experience in Java and .Net
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience in Visio and Google Drawings to document systems diagrams
- Experience in modernizing legacy applications to modern architectures such as microservices, serverless, containers, etc.
- Experience in modernizing data architectures.
- Experience in integrating multiple enterprise solution applications and legacy IT environments
- Experience in managing multiple projects, providing executive summaries, create and maintain comprehensive project documentation,
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Experience in establishing and managing key stakeholders, application vendors, senior leadership, and users.
- Experience supporting business case analysis and identification of alternative solutions and resulting business impacts
- Experience architecting, engineering, and implementing Cloud-based enterprise IT solutions from cradle to grave and integration solution to on-prem applications
- Knowledge of current Cloud technologies, architectures, best practices, cloud-native tools, emerging technologies, and trends
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Computer Science or Engineering background
- Cloud Certifications
- Agile Certifications
- PM Certifications
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Strong application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers
- Executive presence, strong communication skills, poise, confidence in making decisions
- BS level technical degree or equivalent professional
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.