You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Senior Java Developer to join our team on a high-profile project supporting a major Federal agency.
Although this is a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area or within Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania (excluding the City of Philadelphia), Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, or Wisconsin.
This position also requires the ability to pass a Federal Government background check, for which U.S. Citizenship is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience
- Significant Java development experience
- Proficiency in SQL
- Relational database development and design
- Object-oriented programming experience
- Microsoft Excel/Word
- Demonstrated ability to contribute quickly to project requirements, troubleshoot production, and to other customer support issues
- An ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and customer service-oriented personality
- Willingness to self-start and learn independently
- Speaks well and clearly
- Demonstrates excellent grammar and spelling in all written communications
- Angular 7 or later
- Angular Material
- JBoss/Wildfly application server
- Custom MS Office Report Generation — POI/Other (DOCX/Excel)
- Java 8
- Spring Boot/Security/REST
- Hibernate ORM
- Unit testing frameworks
- A Bachelor’s degree is required for this position
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for the not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits and perqs which include health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and annual training budgets, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well. In fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance our employees are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Software Engineer, Grade 6