TCG is an award-winning, government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Senior Java Developer / Technical Lead to join our project team at a major Federal agency. Although this is a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
This position also requires the ability to pass a Federal Government background check, for which U.S. Citizenship is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of Java development experience
- Relational database development and design
- Object oriented programming experience
- Microsoft Excel/Word
- Ability to lead a technical team of developers and analysts to advise, consult, and address application/platform architectural matters
- Ability to lead technical solutions and design a plan for execution within a collaborative team context to deliver quality, timely working software
- Ability to build technical strategies for application and platform stability, scalability, and performance
- Demonstrated ability to contribute quickly to project requirements, troubleshoot production and other customer support issues
- An ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and customer service-oriented personality
- Willingness to self-start and learn independently
- Speaks well and clearly
- Demonstrates excellent grammar and spelling in all written communications
- Angular 7 or later
- Angular Material
- JBoss/Wildfly application server
- Custom MS Office Report Generation — POI/Other (DOCX/Excel)
- Java 8
- Spring Boot/Security/REST
- Hibernate ORM
- Unit testing frameworks
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field is required
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2021 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the seventh straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Salary Range: $140,000 — $165,000