You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government seeking a Senior Manager — Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) for our HHS client. This opportunity requires living within a commutable distance to Washington, DC, and will require two to three days at the client’s site in Washington DC.
If selected for this role you will be part of a team that is leading TCG’s effort supporting the Office of the CIO in the development of strategic plans/business strategies; investment performance management, including Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) processes; managing relationships with the client’s Program Offices, and supporting enterprise architecture development.
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance are required for this position.
- The position is responsible for strategic planning, capital planning and investment control, workforce planning, policy and standards development, resource management, knowledge management, standards for architecture and infrastructure planning and management, auditing, and information security management.
- Supports OCIO’s interest in the effective utilization of resources and avoidance of duplicate and redundant systems and services across the division.
- Directs special projects and studies related to the planning, evaluation, proposal, and integration of policies, programs, and operations that cross organizational lines.
- Provides expert assistance, advice, and counsel to the CIO, Deputy CIO, and other program and policy officials.
- Applies analytical processes to the planning, design, and implementation of new and improved information systems to meet the business requirements of customer organizations.
- Provides expert counsel and advice to the OCIO, Enterprise Applications, and other program and policy officials on topics including, but not limited to, enterprise applications, scalability, customer-centric services, and shared foundations.
- Identifies, manages, and mitigates any policy-related risks that may apply to systems for customers within or external to the organization.
- Identifies and incorporates new and adjacent products and services that meet organizational needs.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Help ensure that the execution of the contract follows the plan developed for the year being executed.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in IT project management/leadership experience
- Experience leading teams in an agile environment
- Outstanding organizational management and communication skills
- Excellent time management and ability to juggle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and systems thinking skillset; ability to apply technical solutions to broad, complex problems
- Ability to talk to clients about technology solutions with the understanding that clients are not themselves technologists, with the political savvy to know how to frame and communicate issues
- Experience reporting to and building relationships with project & program management and Stakeholders
- Current PMP certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related preferred
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Project Manager, Grade 8