You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team on a high-profile project supporting a major Federal agency in anticipation of an upcoming award.
The Software Engineer designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs new and existing software systems and applications. Serves as a technical expert on development projects. Participates in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design. Writes technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
TCG is pleased to offer remote employment for this position in the following states, AL, AZ, CO, DC, DE, GA, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NC, OH, PA (outside Philadelphia), TN, VA, or WV.
- The Senior Engineer should be able to design, develop and/or re-engineer highly complex application components, and integrate software packages, programs, and reusable objects residing on the AWS platform. They must be able to learn new APIs, libraries, and programming frameworks quickly.
- Candidates must have experience with Agile development methodologies applied to bug fixing, software issue management, implementing minor enhancements, and patching and upgrades
- Experience with AWS, Java, Angular, Oracle JDeveloper, Github, and related technologies is essential
- Supports, maintains, and documents software functionality
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs as needed
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements
- Consults with the end-user as needed to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and skills
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience creating and modifying Java applications
- Experience with Java applications, Oracle databases, and AWS
- Experience with a majority of the following technologies:
- Oracle JDeveloper
- Oracle WebLogic suite
- Oracle RDBMS
- Oracle Database Client
- SVN Version Manager
- Node Package Manager
- Apache Web server with OpenSSL
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Internet Information Server
- Ability to learn new APIs, libraries and programming frameworks quickly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, someone who “gets” Agile development and DevOps
- Ability to work in a team environment serving Federal government clients
- Knowledge of government IT requirements and standard operating procedures
- Significant experience developing in a native AWS environment
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Software Engineer, Grade 7