TCG is an award-winning, government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our project team at a major Federal agency.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work. We will continue to put our employee’s health and safety first with appropriate social distancing and sanitation guidelines when our employees will need to report on site. To the greatest extent possible, we advocate for continued telework. In addition, to support the safety of our current and prospective employees our interview process is fully remote and is conducted via phone and video interviews.
- Performing security reviews of all application code before deploying to the production environment and provided the results of the review to the MAX.gov ISSO
- Monitoring existing COTS products and Open Source tools and products for new security vulnerabilities or patches
- Assessing risks from identified security vulnerabilities and providing expert recommendations on mitigations
- Reviewing software and hardware architectures for security implementations, assessing and reporting risks of these designs.
- Daily monitoring of systems for active attacks and break-ins, ensuring reporting and tuning these monitoring systems
- User profiling and analysis, reporting, and active defense using Fortinet and OSS technologies
- Monitoring and tuning system configurations to improve performance and address errors
- Supporting development teams in implementing application-specific monitoring for availability and functionality
- Ensuring monitoring and defense against APTs
- Fortinet WAF and firewall administration and maintenance
- Cleaning up data spills and attending briefings on current security threats
- Managing Blue and Red team assessments, running practice scenarios
- Review and add defense-in-depth techniques to exist security profiles
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant security and technical experience
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a clear appreciation of end-customer needs
- Demonstrated ability with advanced code assessment tools and reviewing their results for both dynamic and static scans (OWASP, SANS, CIS, etc)
- Working knowledge of web protocols (including lower layers, packet disassembly, routing, switching), ability to perform diagnostics, and knowledge of security best practices
- Experience with compliance controls and security hardening for a US Government computer system at the FISMA Moderate or High levels.
- Advanced automation skills in bash shell scripting, python, curl, etc
- Must have experience with information gathering and information monitoring, working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Ability to create system documentation for ongoing system management
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and skills
- Must be skilled at planning and organizing
- Must be adept at prioritizing, problem assessment, and problem-solving
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have a strong customer service orientation
- Must be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work directly with clients at all levels of an organization, including high-level internal and external stakeholders
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) certification
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and diagnostic skills in a complex IT environment
- Familiarity with at least one Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) mechanism.
- System administration experience building, configuring, and assessing Windows/RHEL/Ubuntu/Containers
- Working knowledge of various security-focused enterprise toolsets
- Experience with programming in some combination of Java/Perl/PHP/C/C++/go/Ruby/Python
- Experience with COTS product installation, integration & support
- Experience with CSS and graphing libraries
- Fortinet Firewall Administration and maintenance
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum development environment, preferably as a team lead or scrum master
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, and other MS Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Experience may be substituted in absence of a degree.
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater, and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us… we’ll make you happy.