TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Senior UI/UX Designer to join our team. This is primarily a telecommuting position.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
- Possesses and applies creative and collaborative problem-solving techniques to lead the design efforts for the modernization of a large, public-facing, application for a federal client
- Responsible for working collaboratively with stakeholders to understand user needs, legal requirements, and to identify areas for process improvements to create a superior user experience
- Ability to promote best-practices for application design with the stakeholders and the development team
- Ability to work with Product Owners, Users, Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), technologists, and other stakeholders to gather requirements, user needs, and other design input to create an application with a great user experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster collaborative two-way communication of design ideas and requirements with project stakeholders
- Proficient skills in web design tools such as Adobe XD, Visio, Sketch, or similar tools
- Knowledge and experience applying Section 508 compliance standards to design work, including familiarity with WCAG 2.1 standards
- Ability to create design artifacts including wireframes, prototypes, user personas, journey maps, vision concepts, and pixel-perfect designs and style guides for agile development
- Ability to create a research plan and conduct user research sessions to support project work
- Positive attitude and the desire to help people
- Over 8 years of IT experience with a BS Degree; OR over 6 years of experience with a Master’s degree; OR over 8 years of hand-on experience in UI/UX design with a Formal IT Certification
- Familiarity with Section 508 testing tools such as WAVE, Pa11y, Amp, Deque, and others
- Experience working in agile software development
- Experience designing commercial applications and apps
- Experience creating presentations and presenting work to stakeholders
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Formal It Certification
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.