You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government seeking a Cloud Engineer with Confluence/Jira implementation and administration experience to join our team.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required for this position.
This position is likely to require up to 2‑days a week on-site. Applicants must reside within a commutable distance of Washington, D.C.
In this role, you will act as the link between technology and business owners by extending select business tools with advanced capabilities and automating common business processes. They will meet with customers to understand their business problems to develop, configure, deploy, and support these solutions.
- Engage with customers to understand their business needs
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope involved
- Design, implement, and deliver proposed solutions utilizing the available business tools
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Experience listening to and working with stakeholders to understand their requirements and develop solutions
- General experience understanding a web-applications full-stack
- Ability to train client team members and end users on operational usage and best practices
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, dynamic, and complex environment
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and clear communication skills
- Hands-on implementation/admin experience configuring, integrating, and providing technical support for one or more of the following tools including Jira, Confluence, Zendesk, Box, Mural, Figma, and IdeaScale.
- RESTful APIs/JSON
- Experience with API calls, databases, and SQL
- Experience working with Agile development and DevOps processes
- Certifications for configuration or administration of any of the above tools
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Technology, or related preferred). Additional experience may be considered in place of a bachelor’s degree
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Software Engineer, Grade 7