TCG, Inc. is an award-winning, government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Splunk Engineer to join our project team at a major Federal agency.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the proper operation of Splunk forwarders on multiple server operating systems. You will maintain forwarders and Splunk Enterprise servers. You will review all data within the Splunk index to categorize, normalize, and document it. Assisting others in the organization to create reports and dashboards of the existing data, you will make recommendations for new data requirements or changes to data as needed to meet goals. You will generate ad-hoc searches based on customer requirements for data analysis. You can also expect to perform OS-level and application-level debugging and troubleshooting to ensure the smooth operation of the logging infrastructure.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working as a System Engineer
- Current experience with the administration and maintenance of a tiered Splunk install
- Must be a current Splunk Enterprise Certified Power User
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and skills
- Working knowledge of web protocols and the ability to perform diagnostics
- Experience with Splunk product installation, integration & support
- Experience replacing and updating existing indexes/data sources using Splunk
- Experience developing customized reports and dashboards using Splunk
- Experience building and deploying Splunk apps
- Experience documenting a data dictionary using Splunk
- Ability to create system documentation for ongoing system management
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and diagnostic skills in a complex IT environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work directly with clients at all levels of an organization, including high-level internal and external stakeholders
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a clear appreciation of end-customer needs
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin AND Splunk Certified Developer
- Working knowledge of web security best practices
- Working knowledge of security-focused enterprise toolsets
- Programming/development experience with Python or comparable language
- Experience with CSS and graphing libraries
- Systems automation and curl
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater, and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us… we’ll make you happy.