TCG is an award-winning Government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a driven and energetic SQL Analyst – who currently resides in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area – to support our Senior Executive Branch client’s work. The SQL Analyst will automate analytical processes, improve the collection and management of datasets, and perform ad-hoc analyses of data; thereby improving executive-level decision making and reducing inefficiencies within the Federal Government.
The SQL Analyst will be part of a larger team whose mission is to promote the efficiency and effectiveness of multiple lines of government business by eliminating duplication and creating opportunities for reinvestment in innovative solutions, products, and services. The SQL Analyst will work in a high-profile agency in the Executive Branch, at the very center of government transformation. Any candidate applying for this position must have superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, exhibit great attention to detail, and have the ability to comprehend large sums of unfamiliar subject matter within aggressive deadlines. The ideal candidate is someone who is eager and possesses a very strong work ethic. In this position, you will be expected to excel in a fast-paced environment, and prove daily your high value to the team.
The SQL Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the quality and accessibility of the data for our internal team as well as the government client. To do this, the SQL Analyst will:
- Analyze complex program evaluation data
- Develop stored procedures for ongoing use in quarterly report and other analytical products
- Participate in quality reviews of data products with other team members to ensure client-facing analysis is performed properly and using the correct data
- Collect, connect, and load data from across the federal government into our central repository
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis for executive-level customers
- Deliver written and oral presentations summarizing results of analysis to executive audience
- Propose new ideas, provide constructive feedback on ideas from other teammates, and collaborate on executing improvements agreed upon by the entire team
- Perform other related responsibilities, as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical, analytical, or a related discipline
- US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check
- 2+ years of experience working with relational databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server)
- 2+ years of experience using SQL and Dynamic SQL code on a daily basis
- Presentation of quantitative data for an executive audience
- Adapt to rapidly changing deadlines and tasks
- Superior analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with some or all the following tools:
- Microsoft Excel
- Python and R
- Experience applying advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to real-world data
- Knowledge of JSON/XML Databases
- Experience working with data warehouses
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2016 Fortune magazine named TCG the #4 medium-sized Great Place to Work in the United States and The Washington Post named TCG as a Top Workplace for the second straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.