TCG, Inc. is an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government. We are seeking a SQL Developer, who currently resides in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, to join our team on a high-profile project at a major Federal agency.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance (Public Trust) are required.
The SQL Developer will work with our government client to develop, deploy and maintain analytical and reporting software solutions. You will develop specific reports, database objects, ETL scripts, and other analytical tools and support the migration of data. You will also develop, enhance, and support complex SQL queries, and translate end-user requests into technical specifications. Additionally, you will explain intricate technical processes in non-technical terms, and modernize, maintain, and streamline reports.
- UNIX system knowledge, including shell scripts, and Telnet
- 2+ years of experience working with relational databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server)
- 2+ years of experience using SQL and Dynamic SQLExperience with SQL optimization using indexes and query optimization
- 3+ years of experience utilizing report writing software or Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Tableau and Pentaho
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and pivot tables
- Knowledge of Federal Budget Concepts and terminology
- Previous experience presenting quantitative data for an executive audience
- Adapt to rapidly changing deadlines and tasks
- Superior analytical and organizational skills
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity and a “helping others helps us all” personality
- Excellent grammar and spelling in written communication
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater, and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.