You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a System Administrator who will work with our government client to develop, deploy and maintain analytical and reporting software solutions.
This is a fully remote position however, the selected candidate must be able to come to Washington, D.C. to pickup their equipment and for occasional on-site project work.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required for this position.
- Perform most system administration activities during the system-wide maintenance window
- Troubleshoot and correct servers issues by using log files, Zabbix and other troubleshooting tools and techniques
- Apply patches using Satellite, DNF and subscription services and troubleshoot and correct any restart issues
- Perform operational activities on a SAN ( e.g. create and remove SAN volumes, increase or decrease volumes, and data recover from SAN snapshots)
- Develop, deploy, and maintain virtual machines, including patches and upgrades
- Responsible for user authentication and permissions
- Develops, deploys, and maintains application framework software to enhance software tools for admin tasks
- Monitor server and network availability and security
- Keep up to date with best practices and skills
- Where applicable, support the development team in the stand-up and maintenance of deployment DevOps pipelines for continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Other duties as assigned
- Expertise in system administration and in infrastructure support for web-based applications with a minimum of 7 years experience
- Experience in the deployment and maintenance of application frameworks
- Expertise in IT security implementation and compliance in a Federal government environment
- Strong Linux background with
- Experience programming in Python
- Experience with RedHat Satellite 6 including creating content views and host groups.
- Working knowledge of and experience with using Puppet
- Two years of experience with KVM Hypervisor or four years of experience working with other virtualization tools
- One to two years of experience working with a SAN
- One to two years of experience working with Zabbix or similar monitoring tools
- One to two years of experience working with iLO or iDRAC
- Must be able to work independently on standard O&M administration activities and well within a team on larger projects
- Willingness to support maintenance windows typically during non-business hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including technical documentation
- Comfort working directly with senior Federal technical staff
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity and a “helping others helps us all” personality
- Bash scripting experience
- Experience as a Windows System Administration including with HyperV
- Experience reading TCP dumps
- Knowledge of IP Tables
- RedHat certification
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is required, however, 4 years of related work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: System Engineer, Grade 6