TCG is an award-winning, government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a System Engineer to join our project team at a major Federal agency.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work. We will continue to put our employee’s health and safety first with appropriate social distancing and sanitation guidelines when our employees will need to report on site. To the greatest extent possible, we advocate for continued telework. In addition, to support the safety of our current and prospective employees our interview process is fully remote and is conducted via phone and video interviews.
- Advanced troubleshooting
- Maintenance of a variety of COTS security tools and their supporting components
- Microfocus products (Fortify, etc), Trustwave, Forescout, etc
- MSSQL, MySQL, etc
- Experience utilizing monitoring software (OpenNMS/Hyperic/Zabbix/etc)
- Monitoring and tuning system configurations to improve performance and address errors
- Supporting development teams in implementing application-specific monitoring for availability and functionality
- Fortinet Firewall and WAF Administration and maintenance
- Cisco switch configuration and updates
- Splunk system monitoring
- Managing the internal network including DNS, firewall configurations (windows firewall, iptables), user accounts, permissions
- Scripting and task automation (Bash/Python/curl)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Systems Administrator
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and skills
- Working knowledge of web protocols and the ability to perform diagnostics
- Ability to create system documentation for ongoing system management
- Able to independently monitor, troubleshoot, and tune system configurations
- Able to develop and maintain BASH, Python, and PowerShell scripts
- Experience with programming in some combination of Bash/Java/Perl/PHP/C/C++/go/Ruby/Python
- Independent problem-solving skills, IT troubleshooting, Software debugging, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a clear appreciation of end-customer needs
- System administration experience building and configuring some subset of the following:
- RHEL Management Tools: Satellite, libvirt/kvm virtualization, puppet, storage management, LVM
- Pure Storage SAN
- Windows Enterprise: Hyper‑V, VMM, 3rd party software management
- Container tools: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Ansible
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Must be detailed oriented and comfortable using issue tracking systems.
- Must be comfortable conducting prioritization, problem assessment, and problem-solving independently.
- Working knowledge of web security best practices
- Experience replacing and updating existing indexes/data sources using Splunk
- Experience developing customized reports and dashboards using Splunk
- Previous experience administering and maintaining a Web Application Firewall (WAF) appliance
- Windows 2019 and Linux server administration
- MSSQL Server maintenance and administration
- Networking experience in the following: firewalls/routers/switch management, Cisco VPN, ipv4/ipv6, OSPF, BGP
- Experience with compliance controls and security hardening for a US Government computer system at the FISMA Moderate or High levels.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Experience may be substituted in absence of a degree.
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater, and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us… we’ll make you happy.