TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a System Administrator, who lives within a commutable distance of the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, to join our team.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government clearance is required for this position.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work. We will continue to put our employee’s health and safety first with appropriate social distancing and sanitation guidelines when our employees will need to report on site. To the greatest extent possible, we advocate for continued telework. In addition, to support the safety of our current and prospective employees our interview process is fully remote and is conducted via phone and video interviews.
- Must be available to provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance
- Support a variety of servers primarily Windows-based in both operations, maintenance, and upgrades
- Possess at least 1 year of experience working as a System Administrator with at least 1 year of Active Directory related work experience
- Experience and/or certifications expertise with:
- Windows Server and Active Directory including Local and Group Policy, Security hardening and Remediation
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, X.509, PKI, DNSSEC, Email, MSSQL
- Managing Active Directory Domain Controllers
- Creating and modifying Active Directory and Local Group Policy
- Administering ADFS and AADC
- Designing and implementing effective Forests, Domains and Trusts.
- Installing, managing and troubleshooting Microsoft systems.
- Hyper‑V technologies
- Networking experience in the following: firewalls/routers/switch management, ipv4/ipv6, OSPF, BGP
- Building and configuring the following:
- storage management, Pure Storage SAN
- Container tools: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Ansible
- Experience with programming in some combination of Java/Perl/PHP/C/C++/go/Python/.NET
- Ability to create scripts and batch files to automate tasks
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and skills
- Experience with compliance controls and security hardening for a US Government computer system at the FISMA Moderate or High levels
- Advanced skills in Powershell scripting
- Experience deploying or setting up an NMS
- Working knowledge of web protocols and perform diagnostics
- Experience with COTS product installation, integration & support
- Ability to create system documentation for ongoing system management
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and diagnostic skills in a complex IT environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work directly with clients at all levels of an organization, including high-level internal and external stakeholders
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a clear appreciation of end-customer needs
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum development environment, preferably as a team lead or scrum master
- Working knowledge of web security best practices
- Bachelor’s (preferably in Computer Science, IT, or related field) or equivalent experience
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.