TCG is an award‐winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government. We are seeking a Systems Administrator, who resides in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, to join our team on a high‐profile project at a Federal agency.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required for this position.
The Systems Administrator will work with our government client to develop, deploy and maintain analytical and reporting software solutions. You will do the following:
- Perform system administration activities during the system‐wide maintenance window
- Troubleshoot and correct servers issues by using log files, Zabbix and other troubleshooting tools and techniques
- Apply patches using Satellite, Yum, and subscription services. Perform troubleshooting and correct any restart issues
- Perform operational activities on a SAN ( e.g. create and remove SAN volumes, increase or decrease volumes, and data recover from SAN snapshots)
- Strong Linux background with bash scripting experience
- Experience with RedHat Satellite 6 including creating content views and host groups to manage Enterprise Linux servers.
- Working knowledge of and experience with using Puppet
- At least 2 years of experience with KVM Hypervisor or four years of experience working with other virtualization tools
- At least 1 year of experience working with a SAN
- At least 1 year of experience working with Zabbix or similar monitoring tools
- At least 1 year of experience working with iLO or iDRAC
- Must be able to work both independently on standard O&M administration activities and well within a team on larger projects
- Willingness to support maintenance windows typically during non‐business hours
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Independent problem‐solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a “helping others helps us all” personality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including technical documentation.
- Comfort working directly with senior Federal technical staff.
- Experience as a Windows System Administration including with HyperV
- Experience reading TCP dumps
- Knowledge of IP Tables
- RedHat certification
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Information Technology, or related preferred)
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick‐child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee‐led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.