TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Systems Engineer/Developer who currently resides in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, to join the TCG team.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government Public Trust clearance is required for this position.
While currently a telecommuting position, it will eventually require work at our customer’s site in Washington, D.C.
- Research, test, and deploy new software to meet customer needs.
- Diagnose, debug, and repair issues with COTS products
- Write custom integrations between COTS and Custom code
- Interface with system APIs using JSON/XML
- Research, configure and deploy new hardware/OS interfaces
- Develop and deploy baseline secure configurations for RedHat and Ubuntu
- Utilize Puppet and Satellite to review and deploy patches across multiple OS environments.
- Monitor the environment utilizing software such as OpenNMS/Hyperic/Zabbix/etc
- Managing the internal network including DNS, firewall configurations (windows firewall, iptables), user accounts, permissions
- Scripting and task automation (Bash/Python/curl)
- Support the development teams’ use of GitLab, address issues, patches, and plugins.
- Monitoring and tuning system configurations to improve performance and address errors
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a system engineer or full stack developer
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and diagnostic skills in a complex IT environment
- COTS product installation, integration & support experience
- Experience with programming in at least two of the following languages: Bash/Java/Perl/PHP/C/C++/go/Ruby/Python
- Experience building and configuring RHEL Management Tools including puppet
- Networking experience in the following: firewalls/routers/switch management and/or Cisco VPN, OSPF, or BGP
- Experience administering and supporting at least two of the following application services: X.509, PKI, DNS DNSSEC, LDAP, Email, LAMP, Tomcat, MySQL, Postgres, DB2
- Familiarity with compliance controls and security hardening for a US Government computer system at the FISMA Moderate or High levels
- Ability to create system documentation for ongoing system management
- Working knowledge of web protocols and performance diagnostics
- Ability to learn new technologies and skills
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work directly with clients at all levels of an organization, including high-level internal and external stakeholders
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and clear appreciation of end-customer needs
- Familiarity with container tools: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, or Ansible
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum development environment, preferably as a team lead or scrum master
- Working knowledge of web security best practices
- Experience with RHEL: Satellite, libvirt/kvm virtualization, storage management, LVM, Pure Storage SAN
- Networking experience with ipv4/ipv6
- Experience with Ubuntu
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste. or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2021 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the sixth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the seventh straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Systems Engineer, Grade 6