TCG is an award‐winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Systems Engineer/Developer, who currently resides in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, to join our team.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government Public Trust clearance is required for this position.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a system engineer or full stack developer
- Experience building and configuring RHEL Management Tools including puppet
- Networking experience in the following: firewalls/routers/switch management and/or Cisco VPN, OSPF, or BGP
- Experience administering and supporting at least two of the following application services: X.509, PKI, DNS DNSSEC, LDAP, Email, LAMP, Tomcat, MySQL, Postgres, DB2
- COTS product installation, integration & support experience
- Experience with programming in at least two of the following languages: Bash/Java/Perl/PHP/C/C++/go/Ruby/Python
- Familiarity with compliance controls and security hardening for a US Government computer system at the FISMA Moderate or High levels
- Ability to create system documentation for ongoing system management
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and diagnostic skills in a complex IT environment
- Working knowledge of web protocols and performance diagnostics
- Ability to learn new technologies and skills
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work directly with clients at all levels of an organization, including high‐level internal and external stakeholders
- Independent problem‐solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and clear appreciation of end customer needs
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum development environment, preferably as a team lead or scrum master
- Working knowledge of web security best practices
- Experience with RHEL: Satellite, libvirt/kvm virtualization, storage management, LVM, Pure Storage SAN
- Familiarity with container tools: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, or Ansible
- Networking experience with ipv4/ipv6
- Experience with Ubuntu
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick‐child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee‐led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2018 Fortune magazine named TCG as a “Great Place to Work” for the third year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fourth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.