TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Technical Lead/Senior Full Stack Developer to join our team. Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require a mix of remote and on-site work.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required.
- Serves as senior technical team member doing custom development on the Atlassian product stack with third party and custom plugins
- Full-stack Java development on custom applications
- Ensures the security of products and responds to security-related issues and requests
- Production support on systems of responsibility as needed
- Supports, maintains, and documents software functionality
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs as needed
- Attends agile ceremonies and mentors more junior developers
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes new user needs to determine technical requirements
- Consults with the end-user as needed to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs
- Keeps up-to-date with best practices and skills
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible experience working in a software development environment that includes:
- At least 5 years of experience developing web applications on a Linux platform
- At least 2 years of experience as a senior full-stack developer or technical lead
- Experience with JUnit and other advanced unit testing libraries such as Mockito, PowerMock
- Experience with DevSecOps tools including Jenkins andSonarQube
- Experience implementing DevSecOps processes and CI/CD tools to automate software delivery
- Troubleshooting skills and experience such as reviewing logs, attaching a debugger, use of Chrome developer tools
- Comfortable with web security best practices (e.g. OWASP Top 10)
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and clear appreciation of end-customer needs
- The ability to lead, mentor and coach the team technically and contribute quickly to the project
- The ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates excellent grammar and spelling in written communication and ability to produce clear technical documentation
- Experience with customizing Atlassian products and services (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with major migrations with multiple technologies (e.g. Confluence Server to Data Center or Confluence to SharePoint)
- Knowledge of the following:
- Enterprise Java web containers (Servlet API 3.0+) such as Tomcat
- Java Spring Framework (4.0+)
- SQL and other RDBMS such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Git source code management
- Experience with Docker, Docker Compose, and Docker orchestration systems (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Experience with automation tools such as Selenium
- Experience leveraging the Atlassian plugin architecture
- Familiarity with platforms such as Microsoft .Net (C#), Ruby on Rails, and Python
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (or another cloud provider) service offerings
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is desired; seven years of relevant experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for the not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2021 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the sixth year in a row, and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the seventh straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.