TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Technical Lead / Senior Software Engineer (Cloud Expert) to join our team. While this is primarily a telecommuting role, applicants must live within a commutable distance of Washington, D.C.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications (cloud and/or in-house)
- Conducts highly complex work, unsupervised and with extensive latitude for independent judgment
- Serve as a technical expert on development projects
- Participate in a full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality. Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements
- Consult with the end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs
- Over 10 years of relevant experience
- Recognized as subject matter expert and advanced individual contributor professional.
- Senior level programmatic technical expertise in developing AWS hosted data management and web applications.
- Demonstrated design and architecture experience, preferably with cloud hosted systems
- Design and implementation of Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Big Data projects
- Experience developing systems for federal shared services
- Knowledge of transportation data and analytics
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or international equivalent)
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.