TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Technical Proposal Writer to join our team. This is the job for you if you consider yourself a wordsmith, able to cut through confusion with your sword of clarity and illuminate complex issues with your beacon of knowledge. As a member of the proposal team, you are comfortable with taking direction and working with subject matter experts to hone each technical section while adhering to the overall strategy for the proposal.
This is primarily a telecommuting position.
- Take ownership of technical, management, and past performance proposal sections and see them through to completion before government deadlines
- Interview subject matter experts to develop narratives for assigned sections
- Research technical topics to write compliant, compelling, information-rich narrative that describes matters such as Agile software development, DevOps practices, artificial intelligence and machine learning, quality control/quality assurance tools and techniques
- Develop and adhere to compliance matrices for assigned sections
- Build outlines based on Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements
- Contribute to marketing materials that include white papers, case studies, marketing proposals, and blog posts
- Coordinate with TCG’s Research & Development Lab and Capabilities Captains to present the company’s emerging technologies and capabilities in proposal volumes and other artifacts
- Help to maintain repositories for technical and management baseline, and past performance references
- Help to gather and maintain performance metrics and customer benefits data for proposals
- Maintain a list of subject matter experts and other resources for research and technical solutioning help
- A minimum of two years of experience in proposal writing
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of proposal managers and subject matter experts in a time-sensitive, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments without loss of quality and responsiveness
- Discipline to telecommute and work with minimal supervision
- Experience with Federal government technical proposal development and processes, especially (but not exclusively) Shipley
- Excellent communication skills and extensive proposal writing and editing
- Proficiency in grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and possess accurate proofreading skills
- Excellent organization skills and extreme attention to detail
- Familiarity with Google products (Drive, Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Adobe software such as Acrobat, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Flexibility in adapting to deadlines, changing schedules, priorities, and unpredictable events
- Ability to manage occasional unscheduled overtime and weekend support requirements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree (English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Engineering, IT, or Computer Science preferred)
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.