TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Technical Writer to join our team. This is primarily a telecommuting position.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
- Carries duties of editing functional descriptions, system specifications, user’s manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Assists in collecting and organizing information required for preparation of user’s manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and other reports and deliverables, briefings and presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses
- Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Ensures content is of high quality and conforms with standards
- Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and project management ensuring that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and regulations
- Research and gather technical and background information for inclusion in project documentation and deliverables
- Consult relevant information sources, including library resources, technical and financial documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain background information, and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables
- Over 4 years of IT experience with a BS degree; OR over 6 years of IT experience with a Formal IT Certification
- Experience applying expertise on multiple complex work assignments
- Experience developing methodology and contributing to deliverables and performance metrics, where applicable
- Experience handling multiple tasks, changing priorities, and timely action
- Experience writing/editing/packaging reports, briefings, presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidance, project and ad hoc deliverables
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Agile project management
- BS Degree or a Formal IT Certification
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.