You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Technical Writer to join our team on a high-profile project supporting a major Federal agency.
TCG is pleased to offer remote employment for this position in the following states, AL, AZ, CO, DC, DE, GA, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NC, OH, PA (outside Philadelphia), TN, VA, or WV.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
- Edit other writers’ content and documentation for consistency, grammar, and punctuation, and adherence to published documentation standards
- Create exceptional documentation in the form of user guides, standard operating procedures, policies, documentation standards, and system operations instructions
- Create client resources and educational materials, including videos, demos, templates, tutorials, training materials, job aids, general & technical overviews, and FAQs
- Research, write, edit and revise content that is both engaging and accessible to user personas with both non-technical and technical backgrounds
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Development, Engineering, Quality Analysis, Product Management, Product Marketing, and Customer Enablement
- At least 5 years of experience in technical writing
- Excellent verbal, graphical, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to non-technical stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate an outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support, including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Experience with documentation publishing software and MS Office Suite.
- Prior experience working within IT Development, SaaS, or web-based technology environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Section 508 Compliance standards and techniques
- A Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent experience (4 years) in English, Communication, Journalism, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Writing, Teaching, Curriculum Development or Scientific Publication is required
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Technical Writer, Grade 5