TCG is an award‐winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of winning an upcoming contract award, we are seeking a Technical Writer with experience in writing, editing, and reviewing user documentation who currently lives in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area to be part of our team on a project located in Montgomery County.
Applicants must currently reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. US Citizenship or Permanent Residence and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
- Compose and edit technical documents to include: business proposals, reports, user manuals, briefings and presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables
- Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and project management to ensure final document accuracy.
- Research technical and background information to create content that is informative, accurate, familiar, and still original
- Collaborate with project technical experts and project personnel to gather relevant information
- Utilize a variety of information sources to obtain relevant technical information, including library resources, technical and financial documents, and pertinent guidelines and federal regulations
- Collaborate with team to develop new ideas and engagement materials
- Develop and maintain training materials and tutorials for users
- Coordinate layouts for publication
- Incorporate photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding and ability with the system
- Maintain a continuity of style and content
- Produce high‐quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant Technical Writing experience
- Demonstrated ability to work from business requirements, technical data, and system understanding to create user documentation and online help, how‐to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, and instructions
- Ingenuity and flexibility, and impeccable grammar and syntax to create the proper tone and approach for the client
- Knowledge of information security
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Communications degree preferred but not required
Please provide relevant writing samples or a link to an online portfolio. Wow us.
***This position is contingent upon the award of this contract to TCG.***
Why should you consider a position that is contingent upon the award? Check out our thoughts on this: https://www.tcg.com/blog/why-you-should-respond-to-ads-for-jobs-that-are-contingent-on-contract-award/
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick‐child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee‐led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.